Book Review: Secrets of the Vine

Thursday, November 05, 2015


Ever wonder how to get a truly abundant life? Why not try the tips we can get from nature itself - how plants and trees should be tended to bear good and abundant fruits. God created these things not only to provide us what we need but also to give us lessons that we can learn and apply for a fruitful living.

An abundant life is a reward given by God to those who abide in the Lord Jesus.

“I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.” (John 15:15)

A fruitful living with the Lord, however, can only start if we have built a personal relationship with Him. We have to become children of God first. How? The Scripture says,

“But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:” (John 1:12)

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:” (Ephesians 2:8)

Grace had been shown already by Jesus through his death on the cross for our sins. When you believe that Jesus is Christ (Messiah, Savior), when you accept Him and be the Lord of your life, then, that is faith. We became His children through faith. It is only then that the Lord will intervene into our life and make it fruitful as we walk daily with Him.

The Author

 Dr. Bruce H. Wilkinson, an author of several bestselling spiritual books, founder and president of Walk through the Bible Ministries, is providing another fine Biblical teaching on Abundance – The Secrets of the Vine.

I, personally, am inspired and encouraged by the lessons of the book. I was once wondering if I had bore fruits since I became a Christian. For many times, I felt discouraged, thinking I was a failure but then I was enlightened and reminded. God is still working and His plan for me is an abundant life. We just have to learn a few steps on how to get there through His guidance. Know the secrets of the vine.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Shop here now!

Instagram Images

Subscribe